freeflex®+ IV bags are designed to help reduce the risk of infusion errors, injury and waste. So together, we can care better.
- Needleless connection – Luer Lock port reduces the risk of needle stick injury or bag puncture.
- Self-sealing septums – Both freeflex+ IV ports contain a self-sealing septum to help prevent leaks after removing the Luer Lock or spike, potentially reducing risk of hazardous exposure.
- Swabbable, reusable Luer Lock port – Easy to disinfect between injections. Up to 5 injections possible without affecting the resealing property of the injection port.
- Sterility protection – Both ports contain easy break-off caps, providing visual tamper evidence to ensure sterility prior to use.
Helping improve the safety of IV drug delivery.
freeflex+ IV Bags are Non-PVC and Non-DEHP¹
- Eliminates patient exposure to toxic DEHP, contained in PVC¹
freeflex+ IV bags can be used across your facility for the broadest clinical application.
We asked pharmacists and nurses what they wanted in an IV bag. Then we built it.
To design freeflex+ IV bags, Fresenius Kabi collaborated with nurses, pharmacists and pharmacy technicians. We listened carefully to their issues and frustrations regarding their day-to-day experiences. Together, we designed simplicity and safety into every detail of the innovative freeflex+ IV bag.
Added Benefits of freeflex+
- Unique light blue and dark blue ports indicate flow and function to help prevent errors and have wide spacing for easy handling.
- Clear, easy-open overwrap.
For more information and to view our growing portfolio of freeflex products, please
To place an order, contact your Fresenius Kabi IV Therapy Sales Representative or call
Customer Service at 1.888.386.1300.
1.Healthcare Without Harm. Why Health Care is Moving Away from Hazardous Plastic Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) 6 April 2006