More in America
At Fresenius Kabi USA, our purpose is caring for life - to put lifesaving medicines and technologies in the hands of people who care for patients and to find solutions to the challenges they face. We leverage our 100-year history and deep scientific expertise to collaborate with health professionals to develop solutions that are designed to help improve ease of use, medication safety and cost of therapies that we deliver across the continuum of care.
As a leading supplier of U.S. sterile injectables – including medicines that are used every day in hospitals to help manage patients on ventilators – Fresenius Kabi is focused on delivering the support our customers need today, and just as important, preparing for what may come next.
Today, Fresenius Kabi offers one of the broadest U.S. portfolios of injectable pharmaceutical products for anesthesia and analgesia, anti-infective therapy, critical care, oncology and parenteral nutrition. And, more than 70% of our pharmaceuticals for the U.S. are filled and packaged in our U.S. facilities.1
Investing More in America to Serve You Better
We are committed to our customers and their patients. We are committed to living our purpose of caring for life. To that end, over the last several years, we have been investing and doing More in America to serve customers and patients better.
- Over the past three years, Fresenius Kabi has invested nearly $1 billion in U.S. plants – in Illinois, New York and North Carolina – and in new pharmaceutical distribution centers throughout the U.S.
- More than 70% of our pharmaceuticals for the U.S. are filled and packaged in the U.S.1
- We have also opened a new pharmaceutical compounding center to serve a prestigious system of hospitals in the northeastern United States. This center features state-of-the-art manufacturing technology and processes designed to meet rigorous quality standards and the complex clinical needs of customers.
- And we are not stopping now. We continue to expand our U.S. capacity and capabilities, to hire people dedicated to finding solutions to current and emerging needs, and to support doctors, nurses and pharmacists across America.
This capacity expansion can help us more rapidly adapt to shifting customer needs. It helped us ramp up production of critical injectable medicines used by hospitals during the pandemic and enabled us to support America’s strategic national stockpile – as well as supporting America’s vaccine developers with vital pharmaceutical components.
Advancing More Therapies and Care in America
Our growing portfolio of products is used to help care for critically and chronically ill patients with pharmaceutical offerings in areas such as:
- Parenteral Nutrition
- IV Drugs
- Infusion Therapy
- Medical Devices and Transfusion Technology
- Biosimilars and Specialty Pharmaceuticals with a focus on cancer and rare and chronic diseases…so that we can offer more therapies for more patients.
Fresenius Kabi is here to support our customers through our leadership efforts in parenteral nutrition, support of hospital-wide opioid stewardship programs and patient safety with ready-to-administer injectable drug delivery solutions. We are also making substantial investments in RFID technology to help eliminate tedious manual tagging and data entry. RFID in healthcare may help improve patient safety by reducing medical errors.2
View our infographic on how Fresenius Kabi is Doing More in America.
1. 2019 data on file.
2. Yao, Wen & Chu, Chao & Li, Zang. (2010). 128-134. 10.1109/RFID-TA.2010.5529874.