Fresenius Kabi takes its responsibility to protect the environment seriously.
We constantly work to improve our environmental protection efforts and apply our high environmental standards worldwide. Fresenius Kabi has implemented binding global environmental guidelines. In addition, Fresenius Kabi uses an environmental management system in line with the international standard ISO 14001.
The environmental management system is based on the following guiding principles:
- Promoting awareness of each employee’s responsibility for the environment
- Early assessment of the environmental impact of every new activity, every new procedure
- Assess and monitor the environmental impact of company activities
- Prevention, reduction and elimination of pollution as well as the conservation of natural resources
- Avoid accidental emissions of substances or energy
- Establish and use procedures to monitor compliance with the environmental policy
Fresenius Kabi has developed a global Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) strategy to expand the ISO 14001 and ISO 50001 management systems and ensure and promote the individual environmental responsibility of all our local entities. An internal global team supports the local entities in the establishment and improvement of the systems around the world.
Our environmental goals are:
- Reducing emissions and providing good ambient air quality
- Energy conservation
- Reducing wastewater and providing good ambient water quality
- Water conservation
- Substitution and/or reduction of stored hazardous substances, if possible
- Waste prevention and/or recycling and reuse of waste, where possible
- Noise prevention
- Compliance with applicable legal requirements (such as emission limits)
Fresenius Kabi actively develops environmentally-friendly products and encourages the use of environmentally-friendly technologies throughout the entire production process.
We will continue to reduce the environmental impacts of our products and services and have also expanded our commitment to the entire lifecycle by exploring opportunities to improve environmental protection throughout our operations.
Fresenius Kabi complies with the European Union’s REACH regulation. Fresenius Kabi is primarily affected by REACH as a downstream user - and in rare cases as producer - and we strictly fulfil our legal obligations.
*in millions; **t CO2 equivalents in thousands (Total of scope 1 and scope 2); Scope 1 2018: 169, 2017: 174, Scope 2 2018: 255, 2017: 248.