We collaborate with other organizations to achieve our purposes. Therefore, we may send your personal data in parts or as a whole to other organizations.
This applies particularly to payment and other financial data and contract data that will be accessible only to a very limited number of recipients who have a need to know the data for the fulfillment of their tasks, subject to any disclosure obligations.
Such recipients are:
- Other Fresenius Group companies if such a transfer of personal data is required for the specific purpose, or that may be interested in working with you (please refer to the overview of the locations in which Fresenius Kabi Group companies are active)
- Service providers which process personal data on our behalf (e.g. for hosting or maintenance services) and have to follow our instructions on such processing; these service providers will not be allowed to use your personal data for other than our purposes
- Competent regulatory authorities, criminal prosecutors and other recipients responsible for the implementation of transparency rules as well as criminal laws and administrative laws
- Authorities, courts, parties in a litigation to the extent required to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request
- The general public, to the extent we are obliged to publicly disclose payments made to you and other benefits provided to you, e.g. meals, travel and lodging as well as other hospitality. Where there is no statutory legal basis for public disclosure including the identity of the recipient, you may choose to withhold your consent to such disclosure, and we would then disclose the payments and benefits on an anonymous aggregated basis
- Professional advisors or auditors, such as tax advisors, financial auditors, lawyers, insurers, banks and other external professional advisors in the countries in which we operate
International data transfers
We may send your personal data in parts or as a whole to Fresenius Group recipients or our service providers other international organizations in countries, which are not member states of the European Union, for the purposes listed above. Please refer to the overview of the locations in which Fresenius Kabi Group companies are active.
We may send data to the following countries for which the European Commission has determined an adequate level of data protection to be in place that matches the level of data protection within the European Union in which Fresenius entities are established: Argentina, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland or Uruguay.
With regards to such international data transfers to third countries, for which the European Commission has not decided that an adequate level of data protection exists, we have provided appropriate safeguards in order to secure your personal data to a degree that equals the level of data protection in the European Union.
Safeguards used are:
- For the exchange of data within our company: our Binding Corporate Rules for Controllers
- For the exchange of data with our service providers and other international organizations: Standard Contractual Clauses that have been issued by the European Commission
You can obtain a copy of these Standard Contractual Clauses and our Binding Corporate Rules online, or upon request.