Fresenius Kabi and Calea Nursing Service
The Fresenius Kabi and Calea Nursing Team
Fresenius Kabi and Calea UK are following all government health advice in relation to nursing and will continue to do so as that advice is updated.
Protecting our nursing team
- To protect our nurses and to avoid cross-contamination should a nurse visit multiple patients in one day, we have introduced a screening process for patients. Alongside those screening questions, a Risk Assessment (specific to COVID-19) will be completed on a weekly basis for patients' receiving Enteral and Parenteral nutrition, Biosimilars and Immunoglobulin. We have provided our nurses with the correct procedure to follow during each possible scenario under those processes.
- All nurses will be sanitising their hands before and after entering a patients' home
- If any of our patients are self-isolating they will need to inform our advice line team and a member of our nursing team will call to discuss how we can continue that patients' treatment
- If patients' have any concerns with people entering their home for nursing or deliveries, they need to inform us as soon as possible because we have contingency plans that can be implemented to allow patients to receive their deliveries/treatment whilst keeping everyone safe
- If any patients' are self-isolating they need to contact and report this to us as soon as possible