The development of biosimilars can create a more progressive, competitive environment, encouraging investment in the development of new biologic products.1
This can lead to:
- Innovation among reference product manufacturers1
- Increased uptake of best-value biologics1,2
- Reinvestment of cost savings in the development of new and innovative therapies1
More information about our commitment to biosimilars and the biosimilars we have in development.
1. IMS Institute 2016. Delivering on the potential of biosimilar medicines. p. 3, 6, 8, 10, 29 at: www.medicinesforeurope.com.
2. IMS Health 2016. The impact of biosimilar competition, p. 4, 6 and 7. at: www.medicinesforeurope.com.
3.Health Canada. Biosimilar biologic drugs in Canada: fact sheet. 2019
4.Canadian Biologics Market report for Q2 – 2022