- Aminomix Novum is a standardized parenteral nutrition formula, designed to meet the daily nutritional requirements of nitrogen (amino acids), glucose, electrolytes and fluid in adult and paediatric patients (>2 yrs) in whom oral or enteral feeding is impossible, insufficient or contraindicated.
- With its high content of amino acids (50 g per liter) Aminomix Novum suits even the elevated nitrogen requirements of intensive care patients. Total calories provided by Aminomix Novum is 1000kcal.
- Aminomix Novum contains taurine, which is supposable conditionally essential in critical illness1, trauma2 and sepsis3.
- The Aminomix Novum nutrition regimen may be complemented by adding a lipid emulsion of choice - in amounts as needed. This allows to flexibly adjust the glucose: lipid ratio of non-protein energy, depending on the individual glucose tolerance of the patient.
- Aminomix Novum for patients with high energy requirements, good glucose tolerance and normal electrolyte balance. (After mixing: 5% amino acids, 20% glucose and the complete electrolyte spectrum)
- Container: Aminomix Novum formula is available in infusion bags in (1000 ml). The bag may be stored at room temperature for up to 24 months.
- Aminomix provides zinc and organic glycerol phosphate.