Supporting quality of life in oncology
Drink it in the period from diagnosis to after therapy. It can counteract loss of muscle and weight, support immune function and increase nutrition intake along the way of treatment!
Supportan® is nutritional supplement specially designed for cancer patients. Compared to other cancer nutrition products, Supportan® has unique formulae with low carbohydrate, high energy, high protein* with fish oil and matches with ESPEN recommendations.
ESPEN guideline recommendations1
- Low carbohydrate and high energy: Supportan® DRINK is high fat/ low carbohydrate (40% energy/31% energy). Since cancer cells cannot use fat as source of energy, the formula provides energy to the patients, not the tumour2,4
- High protein: Provides 40g protein daily^. Maintain immunity, help repair tissue, compensate for the loss of protein and counteract loss of muscle2,5
- Contains EPA: 2g EPA and high protein supplement daily for at least seven week^@. Reduce side effects of therapy5.
- Contains antioxidant vitamin: Contain sufficient antioxidant vitamin help wound healing and reduce chance of infections6
Medium chain triglyceride (MCT): Can be absorbed by the body easily and convert into energy2,7
Prebiotic fibre: Water soluble fibre can soften faeces and promote intestinal health2,5
Clinically free from lactose: Prevent diarrhea because of lactose intolerance
- 2 bottles of Supportan® DRINK daily can provide 2g of EPA. According to the study9, after 7 weeks with 2g of EPA and high protein supplement per day can increase the weight sigficantly5 , reduce treatment side effect3, maintain immunity10 and finish the treatment according to schedule
Flavours: Cappuccino, Pineapple-Coconut, Tropical Fruits
Format: 200ml in EasyBottle
Nutritional supplement: 2 bottles/ day
Supportan® DRINK is ready to use. Enjoy Supportan® DRINK chilled for the best taste.
A good nutritional status supports the success of medical treatment!
*Based on 2021 market reseach
*ESPEN = The European Society of Clinical Nutrition & Metabolism
^ calculation is based on 2 bottles of Supportan® DRINK per day
@ EPA = Eicosapentaenoic Acid
1.Arends J. Bodoky G. Bozzetti F, et al. ESPEN Guidelines on Enteral Nutrition: Non-surgical oncology. Clin Nutr. 2006;25:245-259.
2.Supportan® Powder Enteral Nutrition Formula Adapted to the Special Needs of Cancer Patients (Revised on 17th March 2014).
3.Argile’s JM. Cancer-associated malnutrition. Eur J Oncol Nurs. 2005;9 Suppl 2:S39-50.
4.Rossi-Fannelli F, Cascino A, Muscaritoli M. Abnormal substrate metabolism and nutritional strategies in cancer management. JPEN J Parenteral Enteral Nutr. 1991;15:680-683.
5.Mac Donald et al. Understanding and Managing Cancer Cachexia. J Am Coll Surg Vol. 197, No. 1, July 2003
6.American Cancer Society. Benefits of good nutrition during cancer treatment. Available at: www.cancer.org/treatment/survivorshipduringandafterteatment/ nutritionforpeoplewithcancer/nutritionforthepersonwithcancer/nutrition-during-treatment-benefits (Accessed on 7th July, 2014).
7.Chow O&Barbul A. Immnonutrition: Role in Wound Healing and Tissue Regeneration. Adv Wound Care (New Rochelle). 2014;3:46-53.
8.Nagao K & Yangita T. Medium-chain fatty acids: functional lipids for the prevention and treatment of the metabolic syndrome. Pharmacol Res. 2010;61:208-212.
9.Barber MD, Ross JA, Voss AC, et al. The effect of an oral nutritional supplement enriched with fish oil on weight-loss in patients with pancreatic cancer. Br J Cancer. 1999;81:80-86.
10. Muphy RA, et al. Supplementation With Fish Oil Increases First-Line Chemotherpay Effcacy in Patients With Advanced Nonsmall Cell Lung Cancer. Cancer 2011;117:3774-80