- Radio-opaque polyurethane percutaneous endoscopic jejunostomy tube for use with CH/FR 15 PEG (7755643) for long term feeding.
- ENFit® compliant
- Latex, PVC, DEHP free
- Material: Polyurethane, latex free
- Intestinal tube: 120cm (cut to size required)
- External diameter: (CH/FR 9) 2.9mm
- Internal diameter: (CH/FR 9) 1.9mm
- Interval markings: Intestinal tube markings every 5cm
- White radio-opaque strip along tube length
- Distal double S-Bend (end of intestinal tube) with olive (Bullet) tip and small antenna tube
- Polyurethane intestinal tube with Teflon™ coated guidewires and Y-shaped positioning screw
- 15 CH/FR ENFit® connector (Green)
- Click adapter connects intestinal and gastric tubes
- Freka® UK funnel adapter (on Y connector) for decompression
- Gross ascites
- Oesophageal obstruction
- Malignancy at anticipated puncture site
- Inability to pass endoscope
- Active gastric/duodenal ulceration
- Clotting disorders
- Gross obesity
- Flush tube before and after feeding using the universal funnel adapter attached and preferably a 50ml syringe
- Use cooled boiled water to flush
Administration of medication
Liquid or dissolved medication should be administrated via the tube whenever possible. Do not use crushed tablets.
- Do not use fluids containing acids, particularly fruit juices, since they may cause coagulation of the nutritional protein.
- If the tube blocks, the tube must be exchanged. Under no circumstances should the tube be forced flushed. Nor should any attempt be made to recreate patency by use of a guidewire. This could cause damage to the tube, injury to the patient and peritonitis due to leakage.
- Flush the tube before and after each administration of medication. Do not under any circumstances administer medications such as antacids together with the formula.